ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced and collaborative Senior Software Engineer III to join our team within the Product Customization Platform. We are responsible for the technology solutions that allow Nike consumers to design their own custom footwear and apparel. Beyond serving Nike’s most loyal consumers, we empower partner teams that help bring customization experiences to life across all of Nike’s global eCommerce channels, including Nike By You and Converse Custom. In this role you will get to touch all of the critical web experiences that bring customization to life across Nike, Inc.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As our Senior Software Engineer III your role will include:
* Participating in a high functioning DevOps Scrum team, employing various XP practices including pair programming. You will own the full DevOps application life cycle inclusive of dev, testing, deploy, monitoring, observation, and production support.
* Developing the tools and processes used across Nike Digital Engineering to increase speed of software delivery while reducing the cost of implementation.
* Designing, developing, debugging, and testing full stack capabilities for Nike, Inc eCommerce applications, inclusive of UX, frameworks, and APIs that deliver secure, reliable, maintainable, highly available, and performant web experiences.
* Building observable code that helps inform data driven decisions.
* Working in a continuous delivery model; deploying experiences frequently at large scale to a global audience of consumers.
* Providing technical leadership and knowledge to your teammates.
* Consulting and performing engineering support, problem solving, and issue resolution with internal and external resources.
Partnering with, working in and across multiple teams to deliver customization experiences.
WHAT YOU BRING
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (Information Systems, Engineering) preferred or 2 years of additional professional experience in lieu of a degree
* 5+ years of software development experience
* Experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure, etc.). AWS preferred.
* Experience with 3D technologies a plus (WebGL, Babylon, three.js, etc.)
* Experience in designing and implementing highly scalable web applications
* Experience delivering software using an agile development process (Scrum preferred)
* Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, integration testing experience
* Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams