As a Hardware Developer at IBM, you’ll get to work on the systems that are driving the quantum revolution and the AI era. Join an elite team of engineering professionals who enable IBM customers to make better decisions quicker on the most trusted hardware platform in today’s market.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesIn the role of Storage test specialist, this individual will be responsible for test designing, test planning, testing execution and guidance during test specification of individual product features for IBM Storwize/SVC family of storage products, IBM Software Defined Storage portfolio & IBM cloud storage services.You will be owning and driving product functionality as SME and represent it in global product team. You will provide technical leadership and advice to Test Manager with test planning activities. The individual will act as a mentor for junior members in the test team and work with the senior technical leaders and test manager in effectively managing the test deliverables through his technical skills and prior experience. You will be also expected to design and implement complex test cases and scenarios. You will be responsible for creating test plans independently and get it reviewed and approved from the relevant technical leaders and Managers. Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 - 12 years of experience in testing system software products (Storage, OS, Device Driver, firmware etc)
- Proven understanding of Storage protocols like iSCSI , FC and FCoE.
- Strong automations skills using Perl /Python
- Proven understanding of Linux internals.
- Proven understanding in server, network,, files systems & SAN
- Strong understanding of FC Switch fabrics.
- Proven understanding of storage technologies (Replication, Virtualization, RAID, Block/File IO, compression , encryption )
- Familiarity with Host OS virtualization (VMware, MS Hyper-V)- Familiarity with protocol analysers, IO exercisers, IO jammers and performance tools
- Proven debugging and problem-solving skills
- Proven skills in other programming and scripting languages (Shell/Python)
- Familiarity with software development processes, code management and status reporting tools.
- Ability to plan test execution details meticulously and identifying dependencies.
- Proven communication skills to crisply and accurately report program status.
- Experience working with Global teams.
- Proven technical leadership skills to mentor new team members.
- Good experience in storage testing
- Strong automations skills using Perl /Python
- Strong Storage and network virtualization skill
- Could reference architecture, Kubernetes and Storage API for Cloud knowledge will be a value add.
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.