VMware Cloud Services Platform (CSP) is looking for a Software Engineer who shares our passion for technology, innovation, learning, and excellence to help us build and operate world-class SaaS platform.
The Cloud Services Platform (CSP) R&D group charter is to implement the cloud runtime platform that enables VMware to deliver Software-as-a-Service, and service providers to customize, extend and monetize cloud services. This is an exciting area which crosses multiple domains of expertise.
Our group, which operates similarly to a startup within the larger organization, is breaking new ground within the cloud arena and uses modern technologies such as Java, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, micro-services architectures and more. As a member of our team you will master the entire application life-cycle. This includes areas like microservices architecture, continuous delivery, automation testing (dev owns quality) and live monitoring of the system.
What You’ll Do
- Be a part of a team that delivers major features and cross product initiatives in a highly-scalable microservice environment, implemented on AWS.
- Provide direction and mentorship to junior team members.
- Contribute to decisions impacting the transformation of VMware to SaaS company.
- Work with cutting edge technologies for developing and operating microservices in SaaS environment.
- Helping the team with the decision of the technology stack in use.
- Collaborate with product management, DevOps, backend, and front-end engineers to deliver the right solution.
What You’ll Bring:
- Passion for software development as a craft and ability to thrive in fast-paced environment where the focus is on value delivered, not tasks completed
- Proven track record of working with Java or other OOP languages.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience developing and supporting enterprise-level SaaS product including on-call activities
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
- Working remotely
- As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
- All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-09-20
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.