To ensure Tesla’s overall mission of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy, the Tesla Energy team is bringing our world leading battery technology to the grid. Tesla is leveraging its breakthrough firmware, electronics, test, and manufacturing capability to develop and deploy grid connected storage at residential, industrial, and utility levels.
Tesla Energy is looking for an amazing engineer who is passionate about integration of software, hardware, and mechanical design to drive the world’s transition to a sustainable future. We emphasize collaboration in our work, and always encourage each other to have fun while we change the world together.
- Perform system integration of next generation Tesla industrial energy storage.
- Designing and implementing next generation automated test infrastructure to fully capture BESS system with microgrid application
- Lead and own firmware and software validation for new features, normal regression release cycle.
- Identify, escalate, and resolve issues with hardware and firmware during system bring up, utility performance, and grid contingency test.
- Debug and fix firmware and software issues on complex, high power/high voltage products.
- Key leader of FMEA as part of the product design, integration, and test process.
- BS or higher in engineering related field or proof of exceptional skills in related fields, with practical engineering experience.
- Understanding of electromechanical system fundamentals and associated dynamics.
- High proficiency in at least 1 programming language (ideally python)
- Ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues in TCP/IP networks
- Hands-on experience with basic electrical and software engineering components and an understanding of how they interact in a complex products.
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills, able to identify and surface issues within complex HW/SW systems.
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability.
- Previous systems integration experience, working closely with electrical motor system and modelling
- Fluent with the embedded microprocessor design process: compilers, debuggers, and Git.
- Experience with renewable energy products and/or electricity distribution systems, (i.e. PV, Wind, BESS)
- Experience working with high power (50kW+) and/or high voltage (1kVDC, 480VAC) products.
- Experience with programs such as MATLAB, Simulink modelling program preferred.
- Experience in Hardware-In the-Loop-System preferred