Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You have an analytical mind and a passion for the craft of software engineering, and you love solving problems and learning new things. Technologies come and go, but that excites you because of the endless possibilities it creates. You are looking for an opportunity to work for a company whose software is utilized by every Fortune 500 company and significantly impacts every industry. You want to be a part of a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers’ business objectives.
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
Workspace ONE is a digital workspace platform that simply and securely delivers and manages any app on any device by integrating access control, application management and multi-platform endpoint management.
Our goal is to enable Workspace One platform to scale and manage billions of devices across various operating system platforms and enable seamless experiences through IT orchestration. As part of the UEM Platform team you will be involved in writing code, design and development of scalable software targeting to expanding our service capabilities across product portfolios. You will be owning engineering initiatives and champion a culture of high ownership, continuous improvement, and engineering excellence.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- You will need to produce software and service design and implementation for distributed web systems
- You will be regularly evaluated on the quality of the product you create and the code you write to ensure continued advancement of your technical skills in an environment that looks to expand them.
- You will work collaboratively work across other teams
- You will contribute to the definition and enforcement of engineering standards and best practices
What type of work will I be doing? What assignments or requirements* will I be performing on a regular basis? What are my deliverables?
- You will design software and write code in Java, with the potential need to contribute to existing services built in C#
- You will implement and improve processes around DevOps, Agile, and CI/CD
- You will develop and drive engineering plans and roadmaps coordinating closely with your team and cross-functional stakeholders
- You will establish and maintain a culture of high transparency and engineering excellence for your team
- You will develop applications using Kafka, micro-services, and other cloud design patterns
- You care and have strong RESTful API design, including API versioning, backwards compatibility, authentication and rate limiting.
- You will be building data and orchestration platforms that span multiple services/products
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Product Dev Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-23
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.