At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Do you enjoy solving problems and helping people? Want to join a company that will give you industry leading training, cutting edge technology and access to worldwide, world-class customers?
Join PayPal’s Global Customer Operations team and work in an environment that is casual, team-oriented, community focused and believes in the importance of work life balance!
•This is a remote position where you can work from the comfort of your home. Must reside in Tennessee*
As a Customer Service Teammate your responsibilities will be to create effortless experiences by assisting our customers in issue resolution with helpful, efficient and accurate answers to their questions. A successful teammate exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills, excels at customer interaction, delivers practical solutions, thrives in quick paced, ever changing, ambiguous and collaborative team environment.
As a Teammate you will:
- Confidently answer contacts, through multiple channels (i.e. Phone, Email, Chat), from customers our company’s products and services.
- Proactively guide and address customer questions regarding but not limited to; PayPal Products, Resolution Center, Purchase Protection, Seller Protection, Claims Management Processes, Chargebacks, Policy, Procedures and complete Issue Resolution.
- Champion the customer’s issues and work on their behalf to achieve resolution to queries real time using customer information, appropriate technology and the appropriate policies/procedures.
- Adhere to guidelines for account confidentiality and maintain the privacy and security of all PayPal customers.
- Take a dynamic approach with customers, investigate inquiries, use appropriate tools and technology to reach a complete and accurate resolution preventing customer recontacts.
- Proactively use customer information to educate, negotiate, and reposition available options.
- Recommend alternatives to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes and to deepen the customers’ understanding of our PayPal Protections Policies.
- Balance the needs of the customer and business while driving loyalty and long-term value
- Escalate customer contacts as necessary. Forward customer feedback regarding feature requests, product gaps, policy and/or process pain points.
- Own your own learning and work to develop skills through all knowledge channels about PayPal's Protections Policies and Procedures.
- Conduct occasional outbound contacts to deliver consumer and merchant education via telephone, email or chat. Ensure new consumers and merchants acknowledge general PayPal related policies and processes and facilitate them to activate transactions.
- Develop and maintain cross functional proficiency within selected departments, including buyer product information, Compliance and Risk Operations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years’ experience within a financial service industry or call center environment with direct customer contact in one of these areas is required:
- Technical or Product Support
- Financial services industry
- Fraud or Risk Experience
- Retail or Hospitality
- Sales experience (commission based, quota based, up-selling, cross selling)
- Comfortable working in a high pressure, target-driven and fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask using multiple systems and tools to identify and problem solve.
- Ability to manage time effectively and to meet department attendance guidelines to include a minimum of 40 hours weekly with shifts that include various days and hours.
- Time management and adherence to schedules
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Proficiency with MS Office, Internet and a good knowledge of databases
- Shifts can vary weekdays/weekends between the hours of 6am-8pm. Expect non-traditional shifts.
- Training is Monday-Friday for 14 weeks
- 100% attendance is required throughout training.
In order to work from home, we’ll need you to tick off a few things:
- Must have a high-speed internet connection with a minimum of 50 Mbps from a reliable internet provider.
- Equipment should be directly connected to a router/modem for best quality versus a wireless connection.
- All PayPal hardware you receive needs to be connected to a surge protector.
- Must have a dedicated home office space free of distraction and background noise.
Our world-class culture is something we’re proud of. We’re committed to creating a thriving and inclusive workplace with great benefits including:
- Excellent medical and dental benefits that start day one
- Competitive salary
- 401k match and employee stock purchase plan
- Generous PTO
- Give back to local communities through our many fundraising and volunteer opportunities
- PayPal’s sabbatical program provides four weeks of paid time off after every five years of service
- Active Employee Resource Groups
This position requires sitting, typing and repetitive motions.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.