At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
The PayPal Global Professional Services team is looking for a Partner Technical Account Manager that will lead the successful adoption of our PayPal Commerce Platform for our strategic partners, guiding them through the strategic and technical aspects of their payments journey. As a TAM, you will be responsible for consistent growth through routinely partnering with Sales, Product, Account Management, and other teams to strategize on ways to create new opportunities within the accounts they service.
PayPal’s Partner Technical Account Management team consists of experts creating and sustaining technical relationships with some of the biggest Partners at PayPal. This is a client facing technical team working with PayPal’s Commercial, Engineering, Product, Operations, and Legal organizations. As a Partner Technical Account Manager, you will use your technical leadership combined with your business and cross-functional collaborative skills to drive value for our merchants and PayPal. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-learner who is passionate about creating delightful experiences for our Partners.
- Advocate for customer needs to overcome adoption blockers and drive new feature development with Product. Lead across multiple work streams and teams to maintain customer momentum.
- Develop strategic relationships with key stakeholders to understand a Partner’s business. Adapt at leading quarterly business reviews to better understand business and technical needs.
- Plan for Partner events and launches, partnering with Product, Operations, Engineering, and SRE to ensure customer success during critical moments. Liaises with internal teams to guide issues/escalations to resolution.
- Works directly with Partners and internal teams on post integration issues to provide technical support, consulting, and best practices.
- Installation and configuration of payment APIs, and commerce products.
- Identifies irregularities in functionality and unexpected behaviors with PayPal products and services.
- Develops in-depth technical documents for distribution to PayPal merchants.
- Ability to diagnose and identify issues with API’s, Code, Services, and Network connectivity.
- Ability to analyze a merchant’s business and identify opportunities for improvements and growth.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Be comfortable with change, particularly supporting an evolving product suite.
- Possess a desire to be a Customer Champion though customer empathy and advocacy.
- Loves interacting directly with our Strategic Partners to learn about their business and help them by matching PayPal products and services with their business opportunities.
- Enjoys solving complex technical challenges that may be required to get PayPal products and services to work end-to-end in our Partners’ environments.
- Prioritizes communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively adjust language to the target audience (CFO, CEO, Developer, etc.)
- Demonstrates their expertise in applying consultative methodologies and techniques to uncover potential new opportunities.
- While always respecting a healthy work life balance, is prepared for off business hours escalations if necessary, while being aware and work with geographic time sensitivities when triaging your tasks.
- Has strong understanding of PayPal products and services and the competitive landscape.
- Is a well-organized, self-motivated individual that can work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to travel if required.
- Bachelor’s degree or work experience equivalent, in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or closely related quantitative discipline
- Experience in creating and troubleshooting web services, such as SOAP and REST
- Basic understanding of Firewalls, proxy, HTTP Errors, server-side errors, TCP/IP
- Understanding of payment processing and gateways is a plus
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.