The Technical Partner Manager (TPM) is a role primarily focussed on a developing Channel partners/distribution. The role includes:
- Enablement of Partners on technologies and solutions. Understanding and appreciation of the partner programs and competitive offerings in order to build compelling reasons why our partners should be promoting our technologies and solutions to their customers
- Evaluating the ecosystem of partners in the region in order to identify technology/workload coverage gaps. Once identified, work with Channel Sales to bridge that gap, either by developing existing partners to upsell and expand their portfolio coverage or by recruiting and developing new to NetApp partners with those existing capabilities.
- Understanding our partners capabilities against the must win areas, strategic goals and key market trends.
- Working with partners to be part of their solutions for their customers – winning the technology platform for ‘as-a-Service’ and ‘Managed Services’ offerings by our channel network. This can be both hardware and software technologies, so an appreciation of solution and service design is a mandatory skill.
- Working with key technology alliance partners to bring joint go-to-market solutions to our partners.
- Challenging the status quo and bringing new ideas and creativity to the role.
- Driving new initiatives/solutions and helping partners in meetings with customers, particularly to drive new solutions/technologies which may be new to the partner.
- Providing technical leadership to technical incentive headcounts in partners.
- Developing relationships and being comfortable at multiple technical and sales levels in the partner to be seen as a trusted advisor.