Today, the opportunities for growth across NIKE, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an Accounts Payable (AP) Team Lead to join the Nike Trading Company Finance Shared Services team based in Singapore. You will lead an integral team of 3-5 members and drive payable operations excellence for Nike Companies. The candidate should possess strong communication and stakeholder management skills and proficient in Accounts Payable process.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
1. Business Excellence
* Oversee and lead the Accounts Payable (AP) Shared Services team
* Proactively drive continuous process improvements within AP functions and advocate industry best practices
* Ensure compliance with AP processes, accurate and timely invoice processing, and payment authorization
* Execute and administer AP processes, including the invoice processing, review and approve payments.
* Administer account payable activities in accordance to company’s accounting policies, SOX requirements and compliance with local statutory requirements
* Ensure smooth and timely completion of month end close processes
* Drive accuracy and compliancy in GST recording in invoice processing
* Lead the preparation and analysis of periodic reports or any ad-hoc reports
* Lead/support system testing or transition of new scope intake
* Any other projects and ad-hoc assignments being assigned
2. People Leadership
* Lead, motivate, and develop team members
* Lead with Clarity to drive functional outcome
* Communicate team purpose aligned to organization vision
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
Accounts Payable team engage with a diverse group of cross-functional teams within Trading Company in Singapore. The team is working closely with Global Controlling partners, i.e. Source To Pay, Legal Entity Record to Report, Treasury and Global Controlling Operations teams. In addition, the team is required to hone close partnership from non-finance stakeholders such as Tax, Legal, Sales and Marketing, Human Resource, Workplace Design & Connectivity and Technology.
WHAT YOU BRING
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent professional qualification
* Minimum 5 years as AP Team Lead role in a MNC or Shared Services Centre environment
* Experience in managing diverse and matrix team
* Proven track of record in driving improvements and efficiencies in transactional processing
* Strong people management, supervisory and analytical skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
* Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional and multi-cultural stakeholders through effective communication, influencing and interpersonal skillset
* Effective verbal & written communication skills
* Able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
* Knowledge of SAP is required
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio)