At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
PayPal is seeking a senior level designer to fuel the visual storytelling and direct-response success for our small business lending products across all channels and media. The mission of the Global Merchant Lending team is to provide small business financing and working capital to PayPal merchants to help sustain and grow their businesses.
The day-to-day job involves driving the creative strategy and designing compelling direct response creative in a complex, fast-paced, collaborative environment for Global Merchant Lending marketing initiatives. Ideal candidates have the experience and skills of an industry-leading graphic designer with a solid understanding of direct response advertising, customer experience, and marketing strategy.
As a design professional, you’ll help develop creative strategies and participate in conceptual development through a variety of marketing collateral pieces. Working closely with strategy, channel, and campaign teams, you will help develop and plan the creative strategy while also overseeing daily management of designing and delivering assets on time and to the specs defined in the brief. Your primary design focus will be developing digital ads and direct mail campaigns while overseeing the creative strategy for all channels and campaigns. The ideal candidate for this role is flexible, meticulous and has a knack for transforming innovative product value propositions into cutting-edge visuals that convert.
- Manage the development and delivery of creative assets from initial stages of development through launch in support of Global Merchant Lending marketing initiatives
- Direct and develop creative for acquisitions-based digital assets in support of Paid Display, Paid Social Media, On-Site Display
- Direct and develop creative for direct mail customer acquisition campaigns
- Work within and uphold, PayPal brand and style guidelines and standards; partner with PayPal Brand team as those guidelines evolve to implement changes
- Facilitate required edits and changes to assets as they make their way through the approval process
- Be in the know when it comes to best practices in channels, new media and channel trends, and sharing and presenting relevant information to marketing team and senior leadership when applicable
- Collaborate with channel managers to develop creative testing strategies and plan and adjust based on performance
- Make data-based design decisions, identifying creative best practices and championing them across all channels and media formats to develop creative templates that can be leveraged across multiple campaigns and channels to drive efficiencies
- Provide regular status updates to marketing team on creative strategy
- Maintain creative calendars and inventory and share with the wider Global Merchant Lending team
- Degree in graphic design or equivalent practical work experience
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in the role of Graphic Designer - B2B, financial, or tech industries a bonus
- Portfolio of direct response design work showcasing skills in animated, static, and video design and direct mail
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects and Animate CC
- Experience in digital display creative and direct mail creative
- Savvy and curious explorer of tools and technology
- Able to work to a brief, solve problems creatively, discuss feedback with key stakeholders, and adapt designs as needed
- Self-motivated and the ability to work to deadlines
- Experience working cross-functionally with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Work well within a defined process but able to adjust with shifting priorities
- Thrive in a fast-paced, quickly evolving and collaborative environment
- Be passionate about helping small businesses access capital and financing
- A good understanding of B2B, financial, and tech industries is an advantage
- Video production and editing (Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS is an advantage
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.