Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
VMware has an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and creative sales team. The VMware Cloud on AWS Sales Specialist owns sales responsibility for selling a growing Cloud Services portfolio with particular focus on VMware Cloud on AWS to customers in the UK Region.
You will be responsible for building strong customer relationships and helping customer realize their ambitions to transition to a hybrid or multi-cloud environment. You will be an exciting combination of cloud evangelist, cloud specialist, sales executive in a sales role achieving a cloud revenue and consumption target, managing the sales forecasting process, and building a brand around our solutions within your territory.
You will need to collaborate closely with VMware’s core Field and Partner organizations to achieve success and manage change with VMware customers. Deep knowledge of the cloud services marketplace, hybrid cloud, IT sales cycles, and a proven ability to take customers through technology change will all be essential for success in the role.
Working in a team of Sales and Systems Engineering Specialists aligned to VMware’s cloud partnership with Amazon Web Services, you will be central to VMware’s transition to Cloud and Software as a Service strategy and the most important cloud partnership for the company.
- Strengths in time management and prioritization to maximize personal productivity in a busy environment.
- Take ownership of the cloud business, demand generation and sales execution.
- Take the role of a highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team.
- Accountable for achieving booking and revenue consumption targets for VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Participate in a weekly forecasting process to provide visibility to VMware’s leadership of sales pipeline status and potential to achieve target bookings, as well as upside and downside risks to achieving targets.
- Engage and develop high propensity customers.
- Lead qualification for all the leads and sales opportunities for Cloud Services within your territory.
- Drive increased monthly recurring revenue (MRR).
- Collaborate and build positive relationships with core Field and Partner sales leaders to ensure proper engagement with core teams and customers.
- Work across multi-functions/multi-individuals to achieve desired results, build efficient plans aligned to the various parts of your territory.
- Partner closely with the Sales Leaders to ensure that Partner and Inside Sales teams are providing sufficient support and on-track to contribute to achieving bookings and pipeline goals.
- Leverage the SE and Customer Success organization for desired results at top accounts.
- New business experience in the IT industry, with Enterprise software and hosted service.
- Strong knowledge of the IT hosting and cloud services segment.
- Ability to articulate and evangelize the value of hybrid and multi-cloud cloud IT solutions.
- Ability to take ownership of the full business and sales execution within a complex sales and solution environment.
- Consultative sales experience especially around the adoption of cloud services in the infrastructure space.
- Experience in, or good understanding of, working with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with new product introductions and scaling a disruptive technology within a customer environment
- Strategic thinker with a sales mentality who can plan well, execute on that plan and deliver results.
- Strong leadership and Customer Relationship skills, who can orchestrate ales and technical resources around a sales engagement.
- Contract negotiation and deal forecasting experience.
This position is eligible for JoinCloudSales referral campaign
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-09-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.