At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
About the Role
DevOps engineers are both technical individual contributors and change makers. You will be executing on technical projects to enhance operational efficiency of the team, and at the same time understand business needs enough to identify the needle that we are trying to move.
You own end to end. You will participate actively in all aspects of the development process, from coming up with problems to be solved, articulating why these problems need to be solved, coming up with solutions, and finally executing on this solutions with your team.
Your mission is to really take out the overhead in our development processes, and help our teams get more efficient with what we know best, code.
We are looking for someone with at least 3 years experience in Development/DevOps type roles, with a demonstrated ability to learn.What will you be working on
Who we are looking for
- You will be implementing solutions with low ownership costs.
- You will be leveraging technologies readily available within PayPal to move the needle, and testing new technologies to see if they make sense.
- Technologies we are currently working with includes
- Hadoop Pig
What we care about
- You have a track record of taking initiative to bridge the gaps and ensuring that the mission gets accomplished with all stakeholders on board.
- You have strong engineering fundamentals. You are able to reason from first principles, and come up with solutions and adapt them to our environment.
- You have a diverse set of skills, working up and down and technical stack, and fix problems instead of simply applying a band aid over them.
- You leave ego at the door. You voice out for what you believe is right, and at the same time knowing that you might be wrong. You are comfortable supporting your teammates when necessary.
- You value, encourage, and embrace diversity. You welcome ideas that are different from your own, and will go and seek out opposing approaches, and find common ground for everyone to move forward with.
- You are a rebel. You are not constraint by "how things have always been done here", but yet at the same time you go on to understand why things have been done the way they had before going ahead to tear everything down. The knowledge that you have now is less important than your ability to learn and improvise. We don't need engineers who have the Java SDK or Jenkins syntax memorised in their heads. We want engineers who are able to independently pick up new technologies to come up with solutions to problems that have not yet been identified.
What we care about is that you are able to pick up technologies that make sense as they come along, and solve complex problems. We want people who can build trust, handle the dichotomy between perfection and value, own their work, and scrappy enough to come up with short term hacks to seal the gaps when necessary.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.