VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity. VMware accelerates an organization’s transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control. Organizations rely on VMware, its partners and its industry-leading virtual infrastructure platform, VMware vSphere, to energize their business through IT, while saving energy—financial, human and the Earth’s. With revenues of $12+ billion, VMware has more than 170,000 customers and 35,000 partners worldwide. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 22,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
Our seasoned IT leadership team has experience working for leading Fortune 500 and start-up companies and is dedicated to hiring and supporting top IT and engineering talent, creating an intellectually-stimulating and team-oriented environment, and driving VMware’s IT organization to be truly cutting edge.
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
The primary focus is aimed at leading the digital transformation of the Sales and Quoting IT application portfolio, accelerating our customer subscription lifecycle experience for VMware’s Global GTM teams. You will lead a global delivery organization to understand, rationalize and prioritize the application needs of the lines of business and deliver services that drive VMware’s growth and improve the company’s SaaS/Subscription business model readiness.
- Be the focal point for Engineering engagements for business functions, sales, renewals operations, business units and product management.
- Architect and design some of the SaaS/Subscription business model modular capabilities using Force.com and Cloud-Native technologies.
- Build & support all automation capabilities for approximately ten thousand Sales Rep, Renewals operations leads & Sales Managers/Leaders
- Simplify and standardize our CRM platform implementation for scaling and optimizing the capabilities to be Subscription & SaaS business model ready.
- Modernize application ecosystem with dual focus on functionality and experience for Customer and Sales Colleague.
- Align technology roadmap to business roadmap with measurable business outcomes.
- Champion and Implement VMware’s products’ internal usage as customer zero or One and create customer reference stories for VMware-on-VMware program.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
Your responsibilities will consist of:
- Lead cross functional teams with multiple concurrent large-scale programs, applying effective prioritization, launch dependencies and risk management to drive programs which are critical to VMWare.
- Managing multiple competing priorities clearly weighing business outcomes basis and drive commitments for delivery.
- Establish 2+ years ahead enterprise roadmap for GTM and Renewals needs for VMWare products portfolio.
- Technical delivery & oversight to annualized budget investments in Go to Market capabilities build and operationalization.
- Lead the teams to design modular capabilities to support subscription commerce via Force.com and cloud-native technologies foundation and build Q2C solutions tailored to suit VMWare business keeping re-usability in mind for the core framework components.
- Manage day to day stakeholder engagements and execution sprints /scrums working with global teams (Austin, Palo Alto, India)
- Responsible for ensuring right level of non-functional needs such as quality, scalability, performance, flexibility, modularity, maintainability etc.
- Ensuring bi-directional alignment between business outcomes and automation roadmap & activities
- Actively facilitate capability standardization and platform simplification with reduced TCO.
- Architectural oversight to critical capabilities to ensure future scalability & flexibility.
- Supervise and manage a large team. Hire good talents globally, coach& develop talents. Build a team to scale for future.
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum of 15 to 18 years’ experience in industry, with a proven tenure of 10 years as a senior manager. Significant experience in automating SaaS, Sales, Renewals domain portfolio with medium to large scale companies. Deep understanding of CRM (SFDC), Oracle EBS technologies and Cloud Native Technologies (React, Microservices APIs,Node,Java, Kafka etc)
- Knowledge of data migration & integration tools and methodologies APIs & Web Services
- Ability to work in a global cross-functional environment to help support and enhance business systems
- Ability to plan and execute tasks in a structured manner
- Able to work, collaborate and contribute in a team environment
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills or experience
- Logical/Perceptive, problem-solving, detail-oriented, solution-oriented
- Experience managing & supporting Subscription, Renweals & SaaS business is a must.
- Laser-focused on architecture-led design principles and delivery/execution oriented.
- Be a change-oriented leader and thrive in an ambiguous, constantly changing environment.
- Have a proven ability of efficiently ‘making signal out of noise’ and synthesizing information to senior executives.
- Managed large scale global teams
- Build talents in the organization hiring the right skills needed for VMW future state.
- Have an ability to lead large organization and senior leaders to effect faster to the future state.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
You will be reporting into Shan Gopalakrishnan (GCA Engineering) team. As a direct staff to GTM Vice President Awinash Sinha, Shan leads the lead to quote SaaS business transformation for VMWare. This role will be focused on Sales and Renewals portfolio. The culture is one of teamwork, diversity, equality & inclusivity, supportive ownership, and a strong desire to change what’s needed to achieve the mission. We are a values-led organization, leading with our EPIC2 values (execution, passion, integrity, customer, and community) and holding ourselves and each other accountable to those values and what they stand for.
• Bachelors Degree in CS or Equivalent with 10 years relevant technical experience, MS Degree preferred
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Product Dev Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-08-10
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.