At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Manager, Product Analytics, Post-Purchase
PayPal is already a trusted payment partner for millions of Consumers and Merchants around the globe, but we also have a unique opportunity to help them throughout the shopping journey, both online and offline. The PayPal Post-purchase team is passionate about saving Consumers and Merchants time and money after the payment happens. The acquisition of Happy Returns is only the beginning of our journey to create rich, innovative experiences that people can’t imagine shopping without. For that, we are seeking exceptional world-class problem solvers with a passion for data insights and relentless focus on execution.
- You are curious and inquisitive: love digging into data and uncovering insights
- You are hyper-analytical and intellectually honest, truly believing in data-driven decisions and communicating your ideas through storytelling
- You are familiar with data science and machine learning techniques to improve product experiences
- You are a highly motivated, result-oriented self-starter, enjoy working in a fast-pace environment, and can deliver successful results with minimal guidance
- You are a fun-loving, adventurous team player
Role – As the Post-purchase product analytics lead, you will:
- Spearhead the analytics function for the Post-purchase product team
- Become a domain expert in your product areas and conduct rigorous data analysis to help improve customer experiences and identify profitable growth opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, design, and marketing teams to build world-class products and design hypothesis-driven experiments; make clear, coherent and holistic recommendations based on test results
- Improve product experiences for 300+ million customers using data science techniques
- Leverage the Objective & Key Results (OKR) framework to identify product metrics and monitor product performance through dashboards and ad hoc analysis
- Present findings and recommendations to senior-level/non-technical stakeholders
- Data driven mindset with degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, or Economics
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing data insights into actionable recommendations
- Fluent in SQL and Excel; experience with a statistical programming language (e.g., Python, R)
- Experience with visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau, and web analytics tools (e.g., Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics, Amplitude) preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to influence cross-functional teams
- Experience/knowledge of employing statistical, data mining and machine learning algorithms (e.g., regression, clustering, isolation forest) on real world problems is a plus
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.