At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
PayPal’s Global SMB Portfolios Analytics team provides the connecting fiber between Go-To-Market, Marketing, Product, and Finance.
You will develop an extensive knowledge of PayPal’s overall business and will work with large quantities of data to develop deep insights that shape the thinking of senior leaders and our cross-functional partners.
You will become an expert in the Merchant lifecycle journey, by understanding and explaining the drivers of acquisition, cross-sell, and churn across markets, segments, and product experiences.
- Develop a deep understanding of PayPal’s overall business (e.g., products, geographies, business model, value prop).
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data-driven decision making.
- Discover new opportunities to grow and optimize the business through analytics, financial modeling, and business case development.
- Build exec-facing insights, reports, and dashboards to track the progress of the business and its highest-priority initiatives.
- Synthesizing large volumes of data with attention to granular details and present findings and recommendations to senior-level stakeholders
- Drive automation of repetitive process, and build self-serve tools (eg: Tableau Dashboards) to empower Business stakeholders
- Data-driven mindset, with a degree in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Economics.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing data insights into actionable recommendations.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to influence cross-functional teams.
- Fluent in SQL and Excel; experience with a statistical programming language (e.g., R, Python) and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau or QlikView).
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.