At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
PayPal is committed to democratizing financial services for the global citizens. We are looking for a high-energy, passionate, and self-driven Sr. Cybersecurity Risk Engineer, to build and deliver capabilities and services to continuous assess our threat models and analyze impacts of the rapidly evolving global landscape. The Sr. Cybersecurity Risk Engineer will maintain the library of technical and operational risk models and will have responsibilities to partner and collaborate across multi-functional teams to gain deep insight into our dynamic environments and evolving security capabilities. Participate in strategic initiatives and influence business priorities through awareness and advocacy of trending cybersecurity threats and events.
If you are passionate about applied technical cybersecurity, and assessing & analyzing for threats to determine operational and technical risks, then come and join our ECS team by applying for this role.
Be a technology and thought leader as part of PayPal's Enterprise Cyber Security team. Bring security expertise and deep analytical mindset to a challenging and dynamic environment. You will contribute to shaping our security strategy in one of the largest global Fintech companies.
About This Role:
• Lead the threat research science program.
• Develop, manage and maintain our threat & qualitative risk library.
• Manage the methodologies for threat modeling and risk modeling. Bring a cradle-to-grave analytic approach – from threat intelligence to threat profile, to threat vector analysis, and to operational risk and quantitative risk analysis.
• Design an effective experimentation framework, and collaborate with security, technology and business leaders to validate our research and hypothesis.
• Partner with Security Product Management and Security Architecture to influence our roadmap and strategy to disrupt our adversaries and new attack vectors.
• Assist in influencing our KRI methodology for improved tracking of key areas for risk reduction
• Passionate about threat research and disrupting cyber attacks
• Experience in adopting a research and scientific approach to technology
• In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with large scale complex distributed systems
• Motivated to build new functions and programs in global company
• 10+ years in information security industry
• 5+ years in leading a security team or threat research team
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.