At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Simility, a PayPal Service, is an end-to-end fraud management platform helping large merchants, banks, and other Fortune 1000 companies manage fraud and risk. Our systems help enterprises detect fraudulent events real time and help protect these enterprises from online threats. We do so by creatively harnessing the power of data, machine learning and humans and be on the cutting edge of fraud detection techniques and algorithms. Simility welcomes big thinkers and passionate team players, who are ready to take their career to the next level.
Simility’s Decision Scientists are comprehensive product experts who collaborate with customers and internal teams to ensure that their customers are successful in their deployments. They continually build upon and apply their technical knowledge and skills across the product suite at every level of the customer engagement. A successful Decision Scientist will strategize and consult with customers on implementing Simility’s fraud solution to handle their fraud problems. Decision Scientists also spend their time collating feedback from customers and working with internal engineering and product teams to develop new product features. Decision Scientists spend significant amount of their time solving problems that affect many parts of the organization, including domain-driven research, technical product innovations, process improvements to continuously contribute to the success of Simility.
- Work closely with multiple large & strategic customers to consult and strategize on the approach in tackling fraud, and ensure Simility is deployed and performs well
- Regularly analyze large data sets to identify fraud patterns and implement necessary changes to the system
- Work on top of a state-of-the-art technology stack and together with a dedicated data science and engineering team to design and implement data driven solutions that operate at scale and in real-time
- Be a clear subject matter expert of Simility’s platform as well as developing risk solutions in specific fields (banking, finance, eCommerce)
- Make business recommendations to the executive and cross-functional teams with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders
- Collate feedback from clients and work with cross functional teams to recommend, design and implement new product features
- Work with engineering teams to ensure best practices are followed for product deployment and solution implementation
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Mining or related field or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in advanced Data Analysis, Research, Risk and Fraud Investigation or Internet Industry
- MS/PhD Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Mining or related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in one of the following areas: eCommerce, online payments, user trust/risk/fraud investigation/product abuse
- Project Management experience and attention to detail with the ability to gets things done.
- Strong process improvement, prioritization, and multi-tasking capabilities
- Demonstrated analytical thinking through data-driven decisions, as well as the technical know-how, charisma, and ability to work with your team to make a big impact
- Knowledge of database structures and/or working with Unix/Linux
- Outstanding leadership, influencing, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.