BU / PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
BMC Software is an Enterprise Software Company which offers software as a service (SaaS)-based and on-premises software and services in areas including cloud computing, IT service management, automation, IT operations, and mainframe.
BMC Education Services enables BMC customers and partners to quickly and efficiently deploy, use and optimize BMC software. Training and certification is offered in all modern modalities and can be accessed via subscriptions, learning pass credits (LPCs) and per offering.
The BMC Software Education Portfolio Manager Mainframe defines, owns, and manages the development and maintenance of the complete learning offer of BMC Education Services including instructor led training, eLearning, self-paced contents, assessments and certifications for the Mainframe area.
- In this role you will be an expert with respect to the market and competition for Mainframe education through market and competitive analysis and with industry trends in general
- You will define the Mainframe education strategy and roadmap based on financial and strategic objectives, and review and agree the roadmap and priorities with education stakeholders
- You have to engage with education stakeholders continuously to understand customer, partner and employee learning requirements and priorities and product changes
- You must run regular cross functional meetings with Mainframe stakeholder, called Education Board, to collect feedback, secure buy-in and support to the education strategy for Mainframe
- You will be responsible to define all required training & certification offers with clearly written requirements team with target audience, duration, timeframes, abstract/contents etc.
- You must define, start, and manage all related development projects end to end
- You must secure resourcing of education development projects with companywide & cross-functional subject matter experts as well as internal and external education developers
- You have to manage a team of internal and external education developers during each development project
- Manage content and delivery of education product releases for Mainframe Education incl. train the trainer plan and execution
- Help team members build and maintain relationships with Senior Executives, Decision Makers, and Influencers
- Evangelize the Mainframe Education offer to our customers, partners and all internal stakeholders and represent Education Services with regards to Mainframe
- Routinely resolve conflicts between scope, time-to-market and resources
- Perform sales training, roadmap reviews and executive briefings. Provide support via participation in customer meetings as needed.
- Review quality metrics and feedback and lead initiatives to improve the quality of Mainframe Education
- Work with the Services and Education Marketing team to define Mainframe education offer positioning, packaging and pricing and to provide inputs to webpage and catalogue
- Respond to and support customer requests, especially for custom projects
- Able to develop some education contents personally or in teamwork
- Master or Bachelor, preferred in instructional design
- Min 5 years in a software or hardware company, preferred software
- Min 5 years in education or services, preferred education development
- Desired: Experience and technical knowledge around Mainframe products
- Strong understanding of technology and ability to present technical information on both a technical level and a business level.
- Experience to develop training with methodologies like ADDIE and tools like Articulate 360, Captivate, Camtesia or similar
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Excellent problem solving and technical writing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of applications such as; Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
From core to cloud to edge, BMC delivers the software and services that enable over 10,000 global customers, including 84% of the Forbes Global 100, to thrive in their ongoing evolution to an Autonomous Digital Enterprise.
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, disabled veteran or status as a protected veteran, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, visit the .