At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
We are solving one of the most impactful problems affecting productivity of data scientist and analysts - setting up and ephemeral environments. Our solution involves creating a highly scalable and available cloud infrastructure for PayPal’s data scientists to be able to explore PayPal’s 100+PB datasets. As an engineer in this group, you would get to work on cloud technologies and solve problems around building, managing, governing, automating and monitoring elastically scalable compute infrastructure for data scientists.
What you will work on
- As an engineers you will be building services that can help operate and scale the infrastructure
- Take responsibility for services you build
- Work directly with Lead engineer, Architecture, Product Managers, Program Managers and stakeholders
- Work directly with Product Managers, Program Managers, Data Scientists/Customers
- Mentor engineers locally and globally
- Analyze platform behavior to optimize resource usage and cost
- Build services to support Multi-tenant environment with 100+ PBs in Datasets.
- A successful candidate will be a strong engineer who can be part of a high performance engineering team, with excellent communication skills, and an ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent team player and great attitude. Willingness to understand and work through global software development approaches and inherent problems it surfaces
- Experience with design and development of scalable services and platforms
- 3+ years’ experience in one or more of the following language: Golang (big plus), Java, C++, NodeJS, python and scripting.
- Knowledge and experience with cloud technologies
- Experience with big data technologies like Spark
- Experience with GCP Big data services
- Experience with DevOps methodologies and tools for automating and monitoring
If you feel that your experience matches only some of the basic qualifications, please don't hesitate and apply to this role. Let us decide if you are a good fit.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.