Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
As Database Administrator of Database Management organization at Honeywell, you will have opportunity to work with large footprint of various database technologies and make a difference by establishing a solid foundation for innovation, performance, reliability, and scalability working on on-prem and public cloud solutions leveraging multiple database technologies.
You will have opportunity to work on Opensource RDBMS Databases (specifically but not limited to PostgreSQL, MySQL), Opensource NoSQL Databases (MongoDB). You will be responsible for database development, architecture, and operations along with setting the database strategy and delivering a scalable and reliable data platform that supports Honeywell’s Digital Platform and Applications. Additionally, you will also participate and provide your guidance for the design and implementation of databases in global high availability and high-performance environments. You will be working with leads to maintain the Above-mentioned database models across all applications, design new solutions at the cutting edge of distributed database technology and will deliver large scale systems that will have an impact on revenue growth.
- Involve on adoption of strategic platforms for Opensource RDBMS Databases (specifically but not limited to PostgreSQL, MySQL), Opensource NoSQL Databases (MongoDB) - on-premise and Cloud Infrastructure
- Familiarity with other Open Source databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- Knowledge of Oracle, SQL Server Databases is a big plus
- Collaborate on Database Automation activities to improve process efficiency and risk compliance
- Implement, Clustering, Replication solutions for MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Effectively participate and guide - 24x7 operational support shift model
- Mentor and guide DBAs blended with young and experienced.
- Ready to learn other core database technology like open source databases.
- Stay focused, aggressive, active, lead by example, coordinate and guide the leadership team, and provide value as a strong team player.
- Implement High Availability database solutions in MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Experience with replication configuration MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Lead and manage high severity database issues impacting revenue applications working cross functionally across leads of infrastructure, network, and application teams
- Ensure centralized 24x7 Database Monitoring and Auditing Tools in place and effective in operation
- Provision MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Engage completely into full lifecycle of Database environment (Plan, Build, Patch, Run)
- Risk and Control oversight of DB environment ensuring engagement with DB Security and Engineering teams
- Provide guidance to Operational Database Support teams to troubleshoot and investigate Business impacting performance issues on need basis.
- Apply technical expertise to strategize for current/future technological developments and serve as point of contact for technical questions
- Apply knowledge of concepts and procedures to resolve issues
- Create and maintain processes and documentation for various database activities including architecture, user access, user termination, DB creation, DB migration, DB security, Service Now knowledge etc.,
- Contribute to formulation of strategies for infrastructure technologies functional areas across various business sectors
- Ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements, evaluate controls to help mitigate negative outcomes through prevention, detection and correction – SOX/PCI/GDPR/Export compliance etc.,
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Honeywell, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing.
- Engage in cross-platform training & in bits and bytes sessions on technology trends, create opportunities for career growth, and train the resources across various technologies
- Travel Approximately 15%
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US Citizen or permanent resident
- 2+ years of experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL, & MongoDB, to include:
- hands-on experience of database technology in Azure, and AWS
- experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, coding, testing and production support
- hands-on experience in transforming to and from on premise environment to cloud technology
- Experience in Database Tuning
- Knowledge in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, coding, testing and production support
- Knowledge and hands-on in transforming to and from on premise environment to cloud technology
- Excellent oral, written and collaborative communication skills.
- The ability to partner effectively across IT teams, suppliers and business customers on cross-functional projects and process improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills - effective listening and be a motivated team player.
- Knowledge and hands-on with data protection, business continuity and disaster recovery options, configuration and execution
- Experience in effectively dealing with critical outages and remediation efforts given risk activities
- Creative and collaborative problem-solving capability
- Experience and Knowledge on MS SQL, Oracle databases, and Big data is big plus.
- Strong influencing, program and change management skills
- Strong business acumen and customer focus
- Conveys specific, observable, and/or measurable expectations for each assignment, and verifies understanding and agreement on deliverables and timeframes
- Consistently makes timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- The ability to translate business issues / requirements and objectives into technical solutions
- Strong knowledge of IT business processes and practices including ITIL methodology
- JOB ID: req303278
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 300 S. Tryon St, Suite 500 / 600,Charlotte,North Carolina,28202,United States
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.