At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
PayPal’s Growth Markets aims to power the next wave of growth for PayPal by serving the needs of consumers and merchants in Rapidly emerging markets. Product managers in this team understand the locally relevant needs of customers and are responsible for building products that cater to those needs end to end across all customers touchpoints at PayPal. We work as one-team across engineering, product, design and work to solve customer problems.
This role is to lead the Payments products for Brazil market. Develop exciting and competing payments capabilities & defining roadmap. Identify the right partners, engage and manage those partners to deliver best in class payment product capabilities to our customers in Brazil. If you are eager to shape the future of payments whether it is on web, mobile, or other devices and have a proven track record of excellence, we have a role for you to make a difference.
As Lead Product Manager, your job responsibilities would include:
- Develop exciting and competing payments capabilities & defining roadmap
- Champion product vision to executive management and drive relevance to Brazil market.
- Developing platform capabilities that will deliver value to target segments and drive customer engagement for PayPal
- Identify the right partners, engage and manage those partners to deliver best in class payment product capabilities to our customers in Brazil.
- Collaborating closely with Business unit, other product managers, technical architects, engineers and other cross-functional stakeholders, to ensure that the product capabilities deliver against business objectives
- Creating detailed product requirements to articulate desired End to End product features and functionality to technical, partner product teams, and other cross-functional teams
- Collaborating cross-organizationally with customer support, operations, legal, compliance, risk management, engineering, user experience, QA and other functional areas, to ensure alignment with related go-to-market activities
- Ensuring cross-functional product team execution (with Project Manager and Engineering Manager), meeting project milestone dates, driving decisions across teams and escalating appropriately
- Driving the development of the long-term payments product platform with focus on Growth markets
- Optimizing technology investment through clear tradeoffs between time-to-market and long-term solutions
- Troubleshooting product issues and answer product questions – be the product ‘expert’
- Acting as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding of your product and its features across the company
- Manage risk, drive business results, and deliver compelling capabilities to drive world class products
- Build trust and effective relationships with peers and provides leadership across the division, product, and/or partner ecosystem that contributes to and encourages a positive working environment despite constant change and/or major project discontinuities.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of the larger ecosystems, industry trend, technology development and evolving customer needs. Strong analytical skills; creative and relentless problem solver
- Developed multi year visions for product aligned with business strategies
- Strong organizational skills, ability to thrive in a matrix environment where success depends on a high degree of cross-functional collaboration
- Strong ability to translate product needs to technology and understand technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Portuguese and English
- Detail-oriented, unfazed by technical detail, committed to flawless execution
- Team player; ability to interface and build relations at all levels internally and externally
- Skilled at developing detailed product requirements, working closely with product development
- Demonstrate ability for data driven decision making
- 12+ years of overall industry experience
- 5+ years of background required building products or platform.
- 4+ years of experience working on customer facing products
- 5+ years of experience in high-tech industry
- Bachelor’s required, MBA or MS preferred
- Track record of creating payment product capabilities.
- Track record of working on complex initiatives
- Skilled at managing a product through all phases of the product lifecycle: understanding market needs, understanding go-to-market activities, own key product metrics post-launch.
In return we offer the candidate a great place to work where innovative ideas come to market quickly, you have the pride to associate yourself with some of the breakthrough ideas in the industry, to interact and work with a group of highly energetic, passionate and smart people. With great attitude and results you will have an unstoppable career with this group. We work hard and play hard and we expect the right candidate to be able to have fun and enjoy work with passion and commitment to turn the best ideas into product quickly
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.