Account Manager Position Summary:
Sell company products and services to assigned strategic, corporate and/or global accounts. Achieve assigned sales quotas and goals for customers located within a defined geographic territory or account lists which include large and strategic named accounts and/or high potential or prospect named accounts. Incorporate knowledge of our products and services, the customer, and key competitors into the sales process and use that knowledge to uncover customer needs and create value based solutions. Prospect and develops business, responds to RFPs, and develops value based proposals for presentation to customer. Coordinate account resources with representatives from marketing, pre-sales engineering, and development. Works on site and remote with customers to develop relationships, understand their environments, and successfully sell BMC products and services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities : This person will use a full understanding of discipline to resolve complex issues in creative and efficient ways. You will apply judgement in evaluating and proposing recommendations to resolve issues that often require deep analysis and interpretation of data. You will participates in, and may lead, cross-functional and department teams and plan and execute tasks with very little supervision.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years of professional experience OR advanced degree with 6 years of experience required.
- Consistently exceed software license new & renewals targets on a quarterly basis.
- Manage accounts with the responsibility to sell across our full portfolio of solutions.
- Collaborate with Product Account Managers aligned to the 3 business units to drive, qualify and execute on opportunities that provide profitable revenue to BMC within our existing major accounts
- Participate in pipeline generation events to build an effective pipeline and execute on each phase of the Value Selling process
- Utilize sales best practices, industry trends and market knowledge in a repeatable sales process
- Build trust and confidence with customers, partners and colleagues through unquestionable integrity and professionalism
- Participate in regular sales enablement workshops with solution leads
- Be a BMC brand ambassador both internally and externally
- Engage with dedicated pre-sales, inside sales and internal ecosystem colleagues to achieve common goals
- Collaborate in regular forecast meetings with leadership
The Experience You’ll Bring:
- You will have a proven sales track record in selling software solutions to Top tiers / Strategic customers.
- You know how to establish a repeatable sales process shaped by an in-depth understanding of pipeline, business practices, industry trends, and the competitive landscape
- You will have in-depth experience managing complex environments and are skilled at forecasting and territory planning
- You have access to decision makers in relevant industries and can further develop the business network that will take BMC a trusted partner, now and in the future.
- You can work effectively as a team member while also providing team-on-team leadership and orchestrating the internal and external resources needed to effectively manage the sales process.
- You can promote the value of BMC’s solutions in the negotiation process to drive maximum margin for the company.
- Ideally you will have formal sales training (MEDDIC, Miller-Heiman, Sandler, Solution Selling etc.)