At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual to join our Corporate Development team. The Corporate Development Associate will be joining a small, collaborative, and global group focused on the execution of M&A activities, new ventures, and partnerships across the company.
The Associate, Corporate Development will:
- Support all aspects of the deal process, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, due diligence and closing & integration activities
- Lead and coordinate a cross-functional deal team within PayPal as well as serve as a point of contact to target company management
- Conduct and / or lead key qualitative (e.g., inorganic strategy development, competitive landscaping, industry analyses, etc.) and quantitative (e.g., all aspects of financial modeling) analyses in support of deals / deliverables
- Mentor and support junior deal team members who assist with sourcing/market research, financial modeling and diligence
- Ambitiously identify and qualify new ideas & companies for PayPal from internal & external sources
- End-to-end execution and management of complex, multi-faceted deals
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively across all levels and teams across the organization
- Strong analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics
- Adept with technology and a strategic thinker
- Excellent communication, judgment, maturity, and experience working with executives
- Team player, pro-active and action oriented, anticipates needs, is assertive, and is highly accountable
- ~3+ years in corporate finance roles including but not limited to Corporate Development, Private Equity, Venture Capital and/or Investment Banking
- Undergraduate or graduate degree
- Experience in a deal environment
- Demonstrated career progression with increasing responsibility over time
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.