We are a family of 60+ Engineers, UX Designers, and Product Managers. Working with a global team in over 6+ countries, we share a start-up culture with the flexibility to work from home or from our office at one of the best spots of Montevideo's Rambla.
As The #1 Cloud ERP, we break down barriers with world-class customer experiences that delight users and provide high value to our customers. We implement Agile methodologies and can proudly say that Scrum works here. What's more, we love our people to succeed: many of our people have scaled up the ranks with us!
We'll love to work with each other if you share these values:
- An open mind for discussion and team collaboration
- Pride in your work and a desire to delight the customer should motivate you to take the initiative, take responsibility, and take ownership of your projects
- Excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
What we are looking for
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer in Test to join our team in Uruguay.
The ideal candidate is someone with a strong technical background who:
- Can focus on details but also sees the larger picture.
- Sees complexity and can simplify it and organize it.
- Is willing to learn and teach new technologies and desires to stay on the leading edge of software development processes.
- Strives to influence efficiency on behalf of their team and department.
What you will do
You will be working in an Agile team and contribute to:
- Develop the right product together by supporting the Product Owner and the rest of the team to understand the best way to deliver value, breaking requirements down into smaller manageable items (User Stories, Technical Stories, Spikes), and running manual investigations for exploring new features.
- Develop the product together in the right way by making sure that new features and the used tools are created in a way that is maintainable, reliable, and using the most efficient possible way to meet the Oracle quality standards. This would include:
- Development or/and optimization of the Test Automation frameworks.
- Creating, executing, and reviewing test plans for new product features.
- Performing peer code reviews to improve the quality of the test code.
- Analyzing customer workflows and scenarios to prevent issues in production.
- Investigating and reproducing problems reported by customers.
- Working on initiatives to improve test processes and tools.
- Participating in Proof of Concepts to find the best development strategy.
- Empower the team by supporting them to define and follow the best way to work together, participating in agreed meetings, honoring team values and agreements, and striving to continually improve the way we work, while giving and receiving constructive feedback from the rest of the team.
- Spread the knowledge by sharing technical (or other) skills (techniques, technologies, etc.) within the team and cross-team and mentoring less experienced members of the team.
- Be value and customer-centered by helping to define team goals, focusing on how we can deliver value to our customers, and supporting the whole team in order to achieve them.
Your qualifications & skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact in English speaking environment.
- Skills for teamwork in order to interact with peers: Software Engineers, Product Owners, Technical Writers, and UX.
- Communication skills to interact with other teams (Technical Support and Professional Services) and customers.
- Ability to scrub issues in customer environments and being capable of going deep into it to find the root cause of these problematic behaviors. This may include read/explore/debug the application code.
- A work permit for Uruguay is required for this role.
Nice to have
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM development team.
- Experience with remote teams.
- Additional experience with JS-based testing frameworks.
- Experience with REST API testing.
- Experience with designing a testing framework from the beginning.
- Previous testing/test automation experience on the entire application stack, from database to UI.
- Type: Full-Time
- Job: Product Development
- Location: UY-UY,Uruguay-Montevideo
- Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- Organization: Oracle
What we offer
We care about you, not just the job you do. Oracle is a place where everyone can be themselves and be accepted. Employee wellbeing tops our list of priorities—you’ll see for yourself how big we are on mental health and making sure you have time for the important things in life.
- Work from home or office at excellent location with a beautiful beach-view.
- Casual dress code
- Start-up culture backed by a strong enterprise.
- Strong professionals around you that will help to accelerate your growth
- Regular in-house training and access to online learning platforms like Linkedin Learning, Harvard Manager Mentor, O'Reilly, and more.
- Continuous career development: we actively encourage and celebrate internal promotions
- Private health plan for you and your family at no cost.
- Functional training twice a week
- Monthly credit for use at vending machine with healthy snacks and beverages
- Free water, coffee, yerba, tea and fruit
- Personal life insurance
- Birthday day off in the month of your birthday
- National non-working holidays on weekends are moved to Mondays
- After-work activities: Barbecues, Football, and team-buildings.
- Fútbolito and PlayStation for breaks