Be part of a team assessing and driving achievement of program specific performance within Honeywell Robotics. This role is responsible for managing multidisciplinary (software, hardware, firmware) product delivery and program execution from inception to successful busines-case realization.
For Robotics development programs, assuming ownership across multiple functions and phases of the NPI process, including but not restricted to:
- Prioritize Projects/Programs: Partner with with functional leaders to help develop strategic program roadmaps
- Manage Dependencies and Risks to prevent project issues and negative impact to project schedule, budget, quality and scope
- Business Case & Concept Development: Drives focus on voice of customer, offering-scope and business case, influencing decisions in the initial phases
- Detailed Planning: Drives the translation of business case / concept into engineering deliverables and implementation plan. Performs estimation, balances technical risks / dependencies, and manages costs, resources, vendors, etc. during the detailed planning phase
- Execution & Delivery: Uses a Line-management focus to drive the right engineering results, and achieve readiness for launch, with the right metrics and tools that provide high predictability and quality to stakeholders and senior execs alike. Playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, technology, process, and tools, and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
- Launch & Go-live: Oversees Marketing Communications, Demand generation, Revenue generation & tracking during and after the Launch. Works with Product Management, Business & Finance to measure outcomes against goals
Critical Targets to meet
- Manage programs with appropriate tools / dashboards / metrics (effort, schedule, cost, revenue, defects)
- Enable Revenue impact to top line of the business group ON time delivery for New product, & Product Sustenance.
- Schedule, Cost, and Effort Compliance: Phase gate compliance, revenue Say / Do, and continuous improvement of cycle time
- Business and Financial Acumen: Thoroughly understands markets, finance and business needs. Can work with Engineering and Business leaders to drive Make-vs-Buy decisions to optimize the ROI and time to market.
- Technical: Solid understanding of engineering (Software, Electrical, Mechanical) life cycle models. Exposure to Cloud, IOT, Data analytics, UI Technologies, Embedded Firmware. Control Systems domain knowledge preferable
- Vendor Management: Effectively builds partnering relationships with 3rd party ODMs/OEMs, Vendor evaluation, interface and management where required
- Negotiation, Stakeholder Management: Proficient in negotiation and influencing in a global setup; presents the problem and solution eloquently to help arrive at stakeholder consensus
- Agile: Expert on Agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum / SAFe), catalyst in transforming organizational culture to bring in agility & predictability in delivery
- Influencing: Great communicator, ability to influence teams, orienting them to be self-performing, and deliver exceptional business value
- W2W Project Management: Plans and executes with project management principles / practices across x-functional teams (ISC, Marketing, Legal, Sales, Operations, etc); drives estimation, dependencies, milestones and integration goals
- Problem Solving: Follows a structured problem-solving approach; demonstrates agility and alacrity in execution and decisions
- Bachelors Degree
- 6 years in product program management
- Experience in program execution with Agile CI / CD, exposure to roles such as Scrum Master / Release Train Engineer / Release Train Manager preferred
- Degree in Engineering, or Masters in Math / Science / Computers
- Preferable: hands-on exposure to Multi-disciplinary (Hardware, Software, Firmware) programs
- Exposure to tools such as Jira / Rally or equivalent, Microsoft Project, Configuration Management, CI, CD , Visio, and all Office Tools
- Experience in managing culturally diverse and geographically distributed teams.
- Proven track record of managing complex program and product deliveries creating incremental revenue impact as per the business case
- Desired Certifications: PMI-ACP / CSM / CSPO / PMP / IPMA / PRINCE
- JOB ID: HRD131409
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 2555 Smallman St, 2nd Fl,Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania,15222,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.