About the Job
We’re looking for a dynamic, agile, clean-code-loving developer who is passionate in designing clean architectures, and coaching other folks within the organization to help us develop amazing software that empowers our users.
We’re a family of 60+ geeks: Developers, Technical Writers, UX Designers, and Product Managers, with over 20 nationalities all collaborating in one space. We embody a positive and respectful culture in an inspiring office in the heart of downtown Kitchener, and while we work remotely during this time.
Our team’s main focus is Oracle-NetSuite's offering. We apply our deep understanding of HR challenges to enable organizations to engage with their workforce and rapidly respond to changing business conditions.
Our company culture:
- We help each other and foster collaboration across roles and teams.
- We lift each other up. We know how to celebrate our successes and learn from our failures and feedback from colleagues
- Ideas are fragile and we consider them no matter how simple or outlandish they may be.
How will you crush it?
You'll build architectures and develop things people enjoy using and prevent them from going back to Excel to do their daily work. Your efforts will directly contribute to making things better for your team, the organization and for thousands of our customers. As part of working on our Agile teams, you and your team will own a large domain space and you'll have a say on user experience and technical design. You'll be designing and implementing solutions that include database schemas, business logic, as well as some presentation layer work (there is a buzzword for it – full-stack developer). Opportunities for cross-team collaboration will enable you to learn new things that will make you a better and more versatile developer.
You will fit perfectly if you share these values
- Are passionate about building simple architectures/innovative products that solve real customer needs
- Being open minded for discussions and promoting team/cross-team collaboration
- Driving change and influencing improvements within the codebase as well as within the organization
- Passionate about driving quality of the architecture and the product
- Taking initiative, responsibility, and ownership of your projects
- Excellent software design and clean code principles
- You care about your craft and have pride in your work.
The person we hire will enjoy:
- Opportunities for subsidized career and skills growth.
- RRSP contribution matching up to 6% of annual salary.
- Working in an Agile environment. We can proudly say that Scrum works here – code reviews, continuous integration, knowledge sharing, and retrospectives.
Your Daily Responsibilities
- Architect and build quality software as a team
- Coach and mentor Software Developers/Testers to become Technical Champions
- Ensure developers and testers are delivering software with highest quality
- Problem solving and data-driven decision making
- Actively participate in Agile meetings with product management, design, and engineering
- Collaborate within the team and with other teams to ensure we are continuously improving
- Provide and receive feedback to continuously grow and improve
Your qualifications & skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in full-stack development
- Experience with building successful feature architectures
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to abstract functional requirements
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience with full-stack development
- Great understanding of SQL and extensive experience with database-driven applications
- Experience in improving the codebase as well as creating a wider impact in your organization
- Knowledge of Design Patterns, Object-Oriented Programming Paradigm and SOLID principles
- Excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts