Associate General Counsel (Contracts) - Herndon - 20171
United States, Virginia
(Senior) Data Scientist (f/m/d) - SAP AI Business Services -...
SAP CX Solution Sales Executive - New Accounts
Working Student (f/m/d) - Business Analyst
CoE - Supply Chain & Manufacturing Expert - Core ERP and Sus...
United States, Texas
Value Advisor Senior, Consultant
United States, Illinois
Account Executive - Accounts Receivable, Billing and Revenue...
United States, Illinois
Value Advisor Senior, Consultant
United States, Pennsylvania
Finance Operations Manager
SAP Concur - Security and Technology Consultant, PreSales
United States, Washington
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Associate General Counsel - Contracts - Herndon - 20171
SAP is the global market leader for business software and related services. SAP National Security Services Inc.® (SAP NS2®) is an independent U.S. subsidiary of SAP. At SAP NS2, we leverage best-in-breed technologies engineered by SAP to protect the lives, assets and information of Americans. We offer SAP solutions with specialized levels of security and support to meet the requirements of U.S. national security and critical infrastructure customers.
Must be a U.S. Person; NS2 does not offer Visa sponsorships for this role.
SAP NS2 is seeking an Associate General Counsel (Contracts) to manage its Contracts Department and support its growing portfolio of offerings to government and regulated commercial customers. This position will provide legal advice and analysis to the business in connection with government and commercial contracts and subcontracts, and will manage a team of Contracts Managers and Directors. The candidate will report to our General Counsel who is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia.
Major Duties and Job Responsibilities:
• Manage a team of Contracts Managers and Directors.
• Provide legal advice and guidance to the business on negotiating and securing commercial and federal, state, and/or local government contracts, including with respect to the submission of proposals, contract drafting and negotiation process.
• Draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of agreements with the primary focus on cloud services and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), as well as commercial software license and support agreements and professional consulting services.
• Knowledge of applicable regulations including the Federal Acquisition Regulations and Defense Acquisition Regulations, and its supplements.
• Review Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and assist in developing proposal responses to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations.
• Review contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policies and applicable laws and regulations, identify risk and areas of concern on contract terms and conditions based on interpretation of company policies and applicable laws and regulations, and develop alternative terms and conditions as part of the contract negotiation process.
• Knowledge of cybersecurity and data privacy issues.
• Knowledge of intellectual property rights.
• Strong collaboration skills to provide timely support to internal business partners.
• Work independently while managing competing priorities and keeping management fully informed.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Education and Qualifications:
• 10-20+ years’ experience in government and/or commercial contracts and fiscal law
• JD from an ABA accredited law school and admission in Virginia (or another state bar, with ability to obtain a corporate counsel certificate to practice in Virginia)
• CPCM, CFCM, CCCM or similar certifications a plus
• Eligible to obtain a US government security clearance
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: .
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:304593 | Work Area: Administration | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations:
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: General Counsel, Purchasing, ERP, Consulting, SAP, Legal, Finance, Technology