VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 Enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Role and Responsibilities:
The VMware Americas Solution Engineering (SE) team has an exciting opportunity for a high energy, proven Technical Sales leader, reporting into our VP of Americas SE. You and your organization will help position VMware solutions, develop architectures, and drive successful outcomes for our Commercial customers.
You will work closely with your team of 40+ Solution Engineers to define technical excellence for our customers and help them drive Digital Transformation. You will be responsible for an organization that serves multiple Commercial segments throughout the Americas, and your team will encompass our Academy SE post-graduate training program. You will be chartered with leading and evolving our strong technical team to create a superior technical organization that is positioned to deliver on growth targets across VMware’s expanding portfolio. Proven, effective written and oral communication skills are essential, including the abilities to influence and build consensus across a matrixed organization, and to inspire and motivate extended teams.
The work involves developing effective go to market strategies, cross functional collaboration, planning and executing programs, and driving a culture of accountability to deliver for the Commercial business.
- Build a world class Solution Engineering organization focused on customer outcomes and innovation in all account segments.
- Define and implement technical go to market strategies and programs to drive quantifiable impact on business KPIs.
- Lead the professional and technical development of your team members, maximizing team productivity and career development by understanding your team’s skill levels, working styles, motivations, and professional goals, and serving as a coach and mentor.
- Oversee our college hire program and ongoing talent development initiatives for the Commercial SE team.
- Partner with teams across VMware to ensure the success of our customers and business, including Sales, Product Specialists, Product Management, Global Support, and Operations.
- Be a thought leader in customer technology evolution and transition into areas such as hybrid cloud, devops, and security.
- Use market, technical, and competitive intelligence to build partnerships with other technical organizations based on company strategy and drive opportunities through our partnerships.
- Become a trusted advisor to your team, customers, field counterparts, and product management leadership.
- Set and deliver on aggressive goals.
- You bring a consultative approach; you deploy a thoughtful strategy in how to best apply the components of the VMware solutions to help drive our customers solutions forward.
- You are a creative problem solver; each of our customers has a unique set of circumstances that require an open mind.
- You are highly collaborative, influential, and able to effectively build relationships across all levels of teammates throughout VMware, as well as with customers and partners.
- You have a history of top performance in solution engineering management, and experience with both field- and inside-based coverage models.
- You are passionate about developing people.
- You exhibit VMware EPIC2 cultural values, and are Curious, Motivated, Positive, Disciplined, Mature, Transparent, Honest.
- You possess outstanding communication skills and are able to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- You understand of organization design implications, team dynamics, and project management.
- You maintain a broad knowledge of technology industry trends.
- You are driven to win and be the BEST, while still earning the respect of others.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Ability to manage managers of enterprise teams
- 7 to 10 + years Pre-sales Manager experience
- Pre-sales experience with large customer enterprise environments
- Excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills (verbal and written) for both internal & external use
- Ideal candidate should have extensive security background with proven success
- Strong personal presence, capable of engaging senior management both internally and externally
- Good blend of business/commercial, sales and technical skills
- Experience of working with external 3rd parties and Channel Partners
- Understands the market issues and trends affecting the IT Security business and Intel Security’s differentiators versus the competition
- Results-driven with strong goal-orientation
- Comfortable/Competent with both sales and delivery activities
- Self-starter who is pro-active, creative, with lots of initiative and a positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Willing to work and travel flexible hours to suit customer requirements
- Flexible with regards to travel
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-09-01
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.