At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and Responsibilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated understanding of information security control domains and end-to-end life-cycle cyber security incident response inclusive of digital forensics
- Working knowledge of common attack vectors and penetration techniques.
- Ability to establish, maintain and execute all components of an incident response plan, from incident intake through root cause analysis, technical remediation analysis, and reporting
- Ability to effectively triage reported cyber security events including events based on sparse symptom detail
- Ability to quickly assess ownership or requirement to transfer response execution according to incident particulars and organizational domains of responsibility.
- Ability to execute cyber security incident response technologies, including but not limited to network, system and application log review, and demonstrated foundational digital forensics
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, at all levels throughout the duration of a cyber security incident.
- Ability to provide end-to-end respond adhering to global legal, regulatory and organizational requirements
- Ability to identify source, types and applicable concerns/laws as it relates to all elements of data privacy; (Confidential, PI, SPI, PHI)
- Ability to adhere to regulatory reporting requirements and practices
- Ability to have a working applied knowledge of the scope and authority of oversight agencies (e.g. Data Protection Authorities, Privacy Commissioners etc,)
- Ability to define, document, and communicate root cause analysis and security control (people, process, technology) recommendations to minimize future incident occurrence
- Ability to maintain, advance, and report meaningful incident metrics
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years’ experience in applied IT Security Operations or forensics
- 2 years’ experience in IT Security Digital Forensics
- 2 years’ experience in Incident Response in a global corporate enterprise
- At least one Information Security Professional Certification (e.g. CISSP, GIAC, EnCE, CFCE, CCE, DFCP, GCIA, GCIH )
- Experience in handling fast-paced investigations
- Experience with programming or scripting languages
- Familiar with Q-Rader SIEM tool is a plus
- Ability to present highly technical information to non-technical audiences.
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.