As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!Your Role and Responsibilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Collaborate with multiple partners of project and liaison communication between technical and business team.
- Be hands-on with development along with having an ability to have team-members led by inspiration and get enabled.
- Address technical problems and propose creative solution that would bring value to client.
- Work closely with Program manager on Estimation, timelines and delivery risks and issues.
- Facilitate and drive technical discussion on requirement and change requests.
- Identify delivery slippage and mitigate technical risks to avoid slippage.
- Be competent in designing architecture design documents and diagrams
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Overall 12+ years in the IT Industry
- Deep understanding of one or more of Java/Go/Scala/C++.
- Ability to understand and critique the core library/language constructs.
- Knowledge of processor, memory, Network and storage internals.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems including fault modeling, concurrency, isolation, consensus etc.
- Internals of a RDBMS like MySQL
- Conversant with the internals of systems like Kafka, Cassandra/Scylla, Redis, RocksDB, etc
- Working knowledge of hosting and network infrastructure (K8s, Envoy, etc)
- Familiarity with binary serialization protocols like thrift/protobuf/flatbuffers etc
- Familiar with gRPC, HTTP/2, QUIC, etc.
- Troubleshooting memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills, algorithmic skills and data structures.
- Relationship building with business and customers
- Active listening, negotiation, problem solving
- Team building
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.