Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs a User Experience Designer, you will
- Work in an Agile environment (with Product Owners, Requirement Managers, Developers, QA) to define requirements and design the solution, depending on the project.
- Design intuitive and simple user interfaces for web and mobile solutions, producing journey maps, storyboards, mock-ups.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design UI for Mobile and Web applications with special focus on Data Visualizations.
- Innovate with evolving customer experience in terms of applying technologies and business models
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
- Join our Enterprise Operations organization in providing a great user experience for our Tools & Technology wing.
- In this position, you will be challenged to understand business needs as well as user’s perspectives and put them in a cohesive design which is simple but elegant. You will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to have a best user experience, iterate upon in accordance with user testing.
#GBSCED2020INDRequired Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience as Visual Designer (and/or Interaction Designer, Information Architect) with experience working with internal or external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated expertise of using Design tools like Sketch, Invision or similar tools e.g., Adobe, Balsamiq, Framer etc.
- Experience in designing tools or applications to support Sales or Marketing projects with focus on dashboard, data visualizations.
- At least 4 years of experience of working in an agile environment with developers implementing designs
- Portfolio of previous work must be presented incorporating UI designs and/or sketches that demonstrate an understanding of wireframing, interaction design, visual design and design best practices.
- Proven Soft skills in written and verbal
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.