Description and Requirements
BMC helps customers run and reinvent their businesses in the digital age by tackling their IT management challenges, championing their innovation, and celebrating their success. Every BMC employee has the potential to have a tremendous impact on customer success—and when customers thrive, we all do.
The BMC Principal Consultant
provides functional and technical leadership on engagements, translating requirements into a technical implementation plan. The Principal Consultants works as the senior technical (product) subject matter expert ("SME") and provides technical advice, guidance, and expertise regarding implementation best practices.
The Principal Consultant works closely with the BMC eco-system to provide product and implementation feedback and to drive resolution for engagement specific product and support issues.
The Principal Consultant may be accountable for the following actions but works in conjunction with the Program / Project Manager and Project Architect.
- Engages in tactical thinking and planning for solution design and problem resolution.
- Validates the Customer’s technical environment and team are ready to start the project.
- Regularly manages checkpoints with the build team to ensure solution design is followed throughout Dev, Test, and Production build activities.
- Design Phase: Owns all aspects of technical workshops and documentation deliverables relative to assigned tasks, leveraging the project team as needed to complete Customer deliverables review and environment analysis.
- Sets Customer expectations, including:
- Business Requirements Workshops
- Technical Design Workshops
- Solution Design Documentation
- Testing Strategy
- Deployment Planning
- Delivers Customer ready design documentation to support design phase signoff, including:
- Design Customizations
- Design Integrations
- Development of Test Plans
- Build Phase: Owns all assigned areas of the Build Phase. Applies technical, education, and process knowledge and best practices to deliver consistent, high quality, production ready solutions, including:
- Technical leadership of other BMC / Partner resources in small / medium / complex projects
- Construction Document
- Environment preparation
- Build customizations
- Build integrations
- Build integrations for non-BMC products
- Data migration
- Systems and integration testing
- Build training materials (when in scope)
- Validate Phase: Provides leadership, education, and mentoring throughout the Validate Phase to ensure the Customer fully vets the solution capabilities within the defined project scope. Owns issue resolution through hands-on correction, re-design / re-build, or bug reporting, including:
- Conduct Migration Tests
- Conduct User Acceptance Tests
- Validate Deployment / Operational Readiness
- Finalize technical documentation
- Deliver Phase: Successfully moves the Customer into production on the target BMC solution. Production rollout success includes technical migration into the production environment, production testing, transition to support including any open defects or RFEs, and project closeout activities, including:
- Final deployment planning and execution
- Migrate environment to Production
- Transition Phase: Successfully completes the transition of the project to closure, participating in the handover of the Customer to BMC Support Services, including:
Relationships / Sales:
- Transition to BMC Support
- Final technical documentation delivery
- Provides Lessons Learned to the BMC Project Manager
- Identifies and develops coaches and/or champions within the Customer project team, extended team, and executive leadership.
- Shares coach and champion activities and testing with PM, SSM, and others to assist in new services sales and stronger project sponsorship from Customer stakeholders.
- Seeks to identify and share, with BMC Project Manager new services CCO opportunities or new SOW based on observed Customer needs and BMC capabilities.
- Conflict resolution for all situations – advanced level
- Knowledge, awareness and application of the BMCx delivery methodology – advanced level
- Technical skills to support at least one full product line – advanced level
- Technical skills on at least 3 single products – advanced level
- Technical skills in areas that support the deployment and integration of BMC based solutions, including (intermediate to advanced level)
- Operating Systems
- Data Base Management Systems
- Microsoft Office – advanced level
- OpenAir (Time and Expense modules) – advanced level
Qualifications / Certifications:
- Business acumen around BMC solutions – intermediate level
- Written and verbal communication skills at all levels of project team engagement and with the Customer C-level executives – advanced level
- Demonstration skills of the BMC solutions in the product line – advanced level
- Presentation skills to enable facilitation of workshops and meetings – advanced level
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- ITIL v3 foundation certification
- Certification in at least two BMC products preferred
- Third-party vendor certifications
- TOGAF certified (preferred but not mandatory)
- 10(+) relevant years technical IT experience that includes:
- 7(+) relevant years BMC product line experience.
- 4(+) relevant years deploying enterprise management software solutions.
Demonstrable success in building key relationships with the BMC eco-system including Sales, Support, and Product Engineering.
From core to cloud to edge, BMC delivers the software and services that enable over 10,000 global customers, including 84% of the Forbes Global 100, to thrive in their ongoing evolution to an Autonomous Digital Enterprise.
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, disabled veteran or status as a protected veteran, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, visit the .