Senior Director –WW Dell Synergy, Security Solutions Sales
At VMware, we believe that our software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. We want to use technology as a force for good, are you ready to help us?!
At the inception of the relationship between VMware and Dell Technologies, it was envisioned that the partnership would drive $1bn of incremental revenues for VMware by 2020. The partnership delivered more than triple this target by 2020 and we continue to see market-beating growth across our shared accounts and synergy solutions, solutions which include: VxRrail, Unified Workplace, SDWAN, Carbon Black, Tanzu and the recently announced VMware Cloud on DellEMC.
This is a VMware badged role that is dedicated to VMware’s Dell Technologies Acceleration Team (DSAT), which has a purpose of driving accretive revenue growth and synergistic objectives related to our Strategic Solutions with Dell.
As the Senior Director for Security Solutions, you will report directly to the Senior Director for WW Dell Sales and Solutions, as well as having a strong dotted line to the Security Solutions Business Unit. You will be entrusted with managing the strategic relationships between VMware and Dell Technologies, with the task of driving greater synergy between the two organizations and helping our customers maximize the value they see from our joint Security Solutions.
This role consequently represents a unique opportunity to build the VMware Security Solutions business, and to play a centrally important part in the success of VMware. We are therefore seeking a truly exceptional leader who will thrive in building, leading, and managing a WW team focused on helping our biggest partner drive market penetration and market share for our Security Solutions.
- Achieving VMware’s ACV growth goals and renewal performance across the Carbon Black/VMware Security portfolio
- Lead and drive exceptional sales execution and operational excellence, and develop initiatives to penetrate the market, achieve sales goals, and leverage sales assets
- Drive market share growth for Carbon Black/VMware Security by driving Intrinsic Security deployments in Global and Enterprise accounts, and coverage expansion in a highly leveraged model for New Logos acquisition
- Serve as an exceptional leader and change agent. This executive will collaborate across the organization and help bring disparate teams together into a more cohesive unit
- Develop strategies to promote thought leadership in the market
- Run weekly forecasting processes to provide visibility to VMware’s leadership of sales pipeline status and potential to achieve target bookings, as well as upside and downside risks to achieving target bookings
- Work closely with the Sales Leaders to ensure that Partner and Inside Sales teams are providing sufficient support and on-track to contribute to achieving bookings and pipeline goals
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with core Field and Dell sales leaders to ensure proper engagement with core teams and customers
- Identify high propensity customers
- Be operationally excellent in the day-to-day running of the business including forecasting, pipeline development, training, certifications, hiring, performance management, collaboration, teamwork, and best practice sharing
- Assess current sales and services methodologies and team structure to propose/implement necessary adjustments to optimize performance and build the infrastructure and incentives to facilitate further aggressive growth
- Engage with Product Group leaders and other key business stakeholders to align on business goals and provide feedback on what will be required for successful execution against our booking’s targets
- Serve as a visionary for the company and cultivate innovation, articulating a compelling, long-term vision for the future, and inspiring others to action
- Lead by example and create and sustain a performance-driven culture, built on professionalism, teamwork, and creativity
This role would be well suited to an individual with the following desired skills and experience
- 15+ years of sales experience in the IT industry, with enterprise software domain knowledge, and strong knowledge – ideally - of the endpoint and cyber-security segments
- Industry experience in software or technology from a large multi-billion-dollar company, with additional experience in a higher growth mid-cap seen as a plus
- Consultative sales experience
- Ability to articulate and evangelize the value of solutions
- Exposure working in a highly strategic capacity, with the ability to focus both on continuing successful sales execution, while simultaneously strategically planning for the next stage of growth. Be able to bring a thoughtful approach to building scalable, repeatable programs and processes globally
- A change agent who demonstrates the ability and track record that challenges the status quo by asking “why”, questions and driving continuous improvement
- An action-oriented planner who builds and implements actionable plans with detailed timelines and flawless execution
- An innovator with the courage to nourish “outside the box” thinking to surface and pursue new ideas
- Strong strategic acumen and the intellect to contribute to the long-term vision of the company; the aspiration and aptitude to grow and expand scope of responsibility as VMware grows
- An innate ability to create a sense of loyalty, trust, and positive culture across all facets of the business. Ability to energize people and teams and establish cross functional cooperation
- Willing to travel up to 50% time – this is a global leadership role
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Partner Programs
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-09-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.