This position will join the Service
Manufacturing team as the Quality Engineer for Remanufacturing and Service
Distribution groups. The primary objective is to support the remanufacturing of
high quality drive units, batteries, chargers, and infotainment components, as
well as the shipment of defect free parts from Tesla’s factories to service
centers. The successful candidate for this position must be a problem-solver
and demonstrated leader, have a strong quality & customer-focused mindset,
and have the personal drive and stamina for relentless, continuous improvement.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain PFMEAs to determine
potential risks in remanufacturing process and drive resolution of high-risk
issues into process controls.
- Establish and maintain Control Plans to
assure critical features are controlled and monitored through the
- Establish criteria for Part Inspection
Standards based on product specification and process critical requirements.
- Develop and implement Quality Key Points
for visual inspection that meets product specifications used by in process
inspections and quality audits.
- Maintain and improveme the Quality
Management System for the department
- Create schedule for regular audits and
inspections to be performed across all product lines
- Review and provide disposition to
- Lead and facilitate sorting activity and
drive part improvement with suppliers on part non-conformances.
- Lead containment activity on
non-conforming material by determining appropriate suspect range to quarantine
and provide disposition of material.
- Track quality performance metrics
from audits and organize regular reviews with all cross-functional
stakeholders; prioritize top issues and drive continuous improvement activities
- Promote and maintain a culture of
continuous improvement, working within the Tesla team to make it
more efficient, safer and an enjoyable place to work.
- Lead follow-up of customer complaints
- A Bachelor of Science degree in
engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, etc)
or other technical discipline.
- 3+ years work experience in
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional
initiatives and implement changes
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability
to resolve conflicts with subordinates, peers, and superiors
- Experience implementing quality
- Experience conducting PFMEAs for
- Experienced in QS-9000, ISO/TS 16949,
APQP, PPAP is a plus
- Specific training and demonstrated
success in applying quality problem solving methods, such as fishbone diagrams
and/or 8D, and implementing successful countermeasures
- Strong quantitative and data analysis
skills, including process capability analysis, hypothesis testing, DoE, SPC, and
- Proficiency in SQL, R, Minitab (or
similar), is a plus
- Experience with broad variety of
measurement and inspection techniques
- Familiarity reliability test techniques
(accelerated life testing) is a plus
- High proficiency in MS office programs
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Excellent oral, written and presentation