At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Location: Remote position, can be based anywhere in the US.
As a Palo Alto Networks® Education Learning Architect, you are a critical part of the Global Enablement team, and you are directly impacting the company's mission by bridging the Cybersecurity Knowledge gap through innovative learning programs. It is your responsibility to help guide the design, development, and implementation of Palo Alto Networks learning experiences.
A learning architect possesses the requisite design know-how, but is also a strategic partner dedicated to helping Palo Alto Network Education leaders develop and execute a sound, cost-effective plan. The learning architect is a problem solver, with strong consulting and project management skills.
Through your hard work, you will empower learners to build and validate their cybersecurity skills using Palo Alto Networks technology. You will provide learning solutions to both generic and specialized audiences. You will ensure the cohesiveness of the enablement experience by planning and executing throughout the content lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing learning and testing requirements, defining the Enablement path for all Palo Alto Networks technologies, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and services to ensure successful Technical Enablement of the audience is met.
- Work cross-departmentally and with partners to define and scope Global Enablement offerings
- Serve as a technical Subject Matter Expert representing Global Enablement in Program Definitions and Job Task Analysis workshops to define blueprints for courses and exams
- Interface with Global Enablement team and consult on the development and roll out Enablement offerings
- Technical expertise across all Palo Alto Networks technologies, including Networking, Cloud, SOC, and IR
- Specify, design, document, publicize, assure quality, and create: customized learning paths, enablement, and resources across all aspects of the Palo Alto Networks portfolio to reach specialized audiences
- Improve the experience, quality, and ongoing creation of technical content
In the course of developing learning experiences, you will work with many Palo Alto Networks and partner groups to identify gaps in current content, and incorporate requirements into ongoing development cycles.
Required Skills and Experience
- Technical Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in cyber-security or networking Learning & Development roles
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, VLANs/trunking, IP routing including static routes, OSPF and BGP, route re-distribution, L4 Load-balancing)
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends, including:
- Modern datacenter and public cloud infrastructure and technology
- Modern network threats and malware
- Network forensics and incident response
- Automation and orchestration tools and Endpoint security products technologies
- High concern for giving learners an excellent experience
- Experience working with a learning management system (LMS)
- Experience in instructional design, adult learning, and/or certification development
- Experience with rapid development methodologies tied to AGILE and Sprint feature releases, rapid prototyping.
- Strong communication and listening skills, including effective delivery of presentations, white-boading, and labs
- Ability to write and speak clearly and precisely, and structure information logically for digestion
- Ability to ask questions to clarify situations before acting or making decisions
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability, and positive approach
- Possess excellent project management skills and capabilities to achieve objectives through others.
- Relevant industry certifications – Eg. PCNSE, PSE Professional, SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc is preferred
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Salary disclosure required by sb19-085 for positions located in the state of Colorado: If hired in Colorado, this position starts at a salary of $122,200/yr. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Restricted stock units and bonus pay may also be offered as part of this compensation package, as well as benefits that include: flexible paid time off, employee stock purchase program, medical, dental, vision, 401K, life, and disability insurance. Additional information about benefits may be found .