What a Product Engineer (NPDI) does at HP:
- Works in different development stage of the product life cycle and takes the ownership of the product quality for the new generation of printhead/supplies.
- Develops, characterizes and optimizes product specification required for new product to meet the product quality, performance and reliability.
- Defines manufacturing quality control plan.
- Conducts analysis on fail printhead to determine the failure mode.
- Sets up product characterization test tools.
- Sets up printer banks and conduct print quality evaluation.
Individuals who do well in this role at HP, usually possess:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 2-4 years of working experience.
- Knowledge of product engineering preferred; especially with prior experience in introducing new product into high volume manufacturing.
- Always inquisitive, good teamwork and communication skills are key success factor for NPI engineers.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects that are cross-functional.
- Interest or possess skill in script writing.
are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo,
and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are
inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to
making a meaningful difference.