This exciting role presents an opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging account management and partnerships environment, focused on driving long-term success within PayPal and habituation of PayPal services. You will have the support you need to be successful, with functional resources in Sales, Professional Services, Technical Account Management and Product and Engineering that will drive solutions for your Partners.
The role is diverse with duties ranging from developing partner development strategies, business line expansion plans, business cases and all-things operational for key partners, to managing the go-to-market activities of recently acquired partners.
The role will have the following responsibility and oversight:
- Deliver operational success and growth of PayPal’s QR code and Zettle services through large scale POS Partners including acquirers, instore PSPs, Gateways, ePOS/ECR solution providers, terminal providers and other relevant players in the instore payment ecosystem
- Develop, cultivate and manage business development initiatives within Partners’ business to acquire and secure greater transaction volume and additional merchants, ensure inclusion of PayPal’s products on partners’ POS solutions, achieve expansion of new product lines and overall growth from the Partner relationship.
- Support project management of large strategic expansion initiatives to launch and beyond to ensure the realization of the business case forecasts – this is likely to include partner marketing programs, merchant sales campaigns and adoption plans.
- Build relationships with Partners’ senior management to drive trust, confidence, loyalty, awareness and mutual benefit.
- Be seen as an instore payments and technology subject matter expert that the partners rely on for product, payment and industry trends.
- Understand Partners’ business: how they monetize, their growth strategy, their strategic initiatives and optimally position PayPal as the partner of choice that can support their business objectives.
- Drive usage and habituation of PayPal as preferred payment acceptance method with the Partners’ POS solutions.
- Advocate PayPal’s QR code solution as a must-have product feature across the entire POS services and solutions supported by the Partner
- Support professional service and other cross-functional teams to ensure a seamless onboarding experience for Partners.
- Understand Partners’ product pain points and wish list; understands priorities and urgency; communicates this knowledge to PayPal Product to define ongoing development of PayPal’s instore solutions and platform..
- Facilitates meetings with PayPal functional groups (Product, Engineering, Risk, Ops, Compliance, etc) to execute and deliver to business plan.
- Works with Marketing on partner activation and engagement programs and development of collateral to drive business outcomes.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a willingness to take charge and work effectively to deliver results, despite internal or external obstacles to:
- Drive partner growth, focusing on driving large, strategic, complex business relationships that secure the long-term growth and business objectives of PayPal Inc.
- Ensure clear go-to-market plans are agreed with new partners.
- Coordinate with Management to develop strategy and execute acquisition plans.
- Complete regular call reports to update management and internal counterparts on account activity.
Personal Qualities, Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Commerce, Marketing or a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in Partner, Sales, Enterprise Management or Product Marketing ideally in the POS payment vertical working in dynamic, fast paced & results orientated organizations.
- Knowledge of in-store payment processing, credit card merchant accounts, and the needs of online commerce is preferred.
- Knowledge of key players and professional network in POS landscape and ecosystem a distinct advantage
- Ideal candidate will have an understanding of how payments strategically impact In store POS Partners’ business model.
- Multi-faceted experience with instore Large Enterprise and SMB segments in both Attended and Unattended POS environments is highly desirable
- Exceptional leadership skills with a passion & hunger for PayPal and to succeed.
- Results oriented, self-motivated & a “hands on” person with proven ability to you’re your teams’ objectives & targets.
- Think creatively, lead strategically and communicate effectively.
- Proven success record in leading teams.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, negotiation and presentation skills required.
- Ability to work in a flexible environment and is open to change.
- Self-managing – although the role will see the person interacting with many levels and across several disciplines, it is important that this person be able to manage themselves and be proactive.
- Strong PC skills – especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrates core PayPal values (Innovation, Collaboration, Wellness, and Inclusion).